ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies. Persons working at this level provide a broader rather than specialized ICT support function, applying a wide range of higher level technical skills in ICT areas such as networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development.
Professionals in these roles carry out moderately complex IT tasks in a specialist field, working in a team or as an individual independently. They can apply their learned IT skills across a wide range of industries, businesses, or as an Entrepreneur or business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, however not restricted to:
- Advanced networking skills: configuring and managing virtual computing environments (VLANs), and security and firewalls within ICT networks
- Advanced programming skills: applying intermediate and advanced various programming skills, managing database and building advanced user interfaces (GUI) to manage organisational requirements
- Back end web application development: developing and maintaining website information architecture and database
- Business analysis & designs: designing and implementing ICT technical requirements, quality assurance processes and business contingency plans
- Cloud System architecture: developing, improving and designing cloud infrastructure (cloud computing), including disaster recovery plans and procedures
- Cloud engineering: building, implementing and managing cloud infrastructure/computing and virtual networks (VLANs)
- Cyber security: protecting sensitive database and information through robust security architecture and developing disaster recovery and contingency (redundancy/fail-over) plans
- Database and data management: creating, designing and monitoring database systems that store data and optimise and enhance organisational knowledge management
- Front end web application development: designing complex and dynamic websites, interactive enhanced user experience solutions and documents using extensible mark-up languages
- Game art and design (GUI): creating complex 2D/3D modelling and animation applications through scripts and storyboards
- Game programming: creating complex 2D/3D interactive games and media applications, building graphical user interfaces (GUI) and applying artificial intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML) in game development
- Systems administration: reviewing network systems and applications maintenance procedures and support to help troubleshoot system applications and Network
- Systems analysis: modelling and testing data objects, database, data processes and preferred ICT system solutions
- Telecommunications network: managing logistics, organisational systems specifications, legislative and regulations requirements across all ICT network projects.
Victorian Institute of Education has the following entry requirements:
International students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent (test results must be no more than 2 years old).
- Have completed at least the Australian Year 12 or equivalent.
International Students may not be required to provide evidence of English Language competence where documented evidence can be provided to demonstrate any of the following:
- the student was educated for 5 years in an English speaking country.
- the student has completed at least 6 months of a Certificate IV level course in an Australian RTO.
- The student has successfully completed an English Placement Test
- the student has successfully completed a foundation course in Australia
- the student has successfully completed their High School in English Language.
Students also required to participate in a course entry interview to establish their suitability for the course
Call our office on 1300 871 776 (Toll Free) or +61 2 8318 1465 (Local) or email us at email@example.com